Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I am not Chicken!

Well it is time, once again, for Tablescape Thursday! Awhile back, I found a cute little tablerunner- at Goodwill for $2- with little chickens all over it. I thought it was so cute and really when you use mostly the same dishes (Ironstone) week after week, the tablerunner is what gives the inspiration! So, here goes my "Chickenscape"! I found the little cream colored chickens at the Tree and the colored ones at Salivation Army. The cute little egg basket I have had for an eternity! (You probably recognize the overused flowers from last week and the week before and for the Fourth of July- I just ripped the blue flowers off). My sister, Tammy also known as "Eagle Eye" gave me the cute little chicken napkin rings!


Thanks so much for stopping by! I don't get a lot of visitors, but that is ok, I do the tables for myself regardless. Doing so, just livens up the house, makes a beautiful statement and helps the desire to keep the house clean. (You can't have a tablescape in the middle of a mess!) Be sure and check out Between Naps on the Porch where Susan so graciously hosts this lovely Tablescape Thursday every week! I have been joining in now for almost a year! It has been fun!

Leave me a little note to say hi- love to know you have stopped by! Have a blessed week!


Love,

20 comments:

Rettabug said...

What fun! You silly goose...you could have saved it & joined Barb's Rooster Party at Bella Vista on Friday with this table!!! They could pass for roosters, I'm sure. ;-p

Marigene said...

Cute table, Nana...love all the roosters.

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

So cute! I love the runner!

Donna

Tess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tess said...

What an adorable table! It says summer still but you can tell autumn is coming...perfect for August! Your silverware is so pretty...what is the pattern?
T.

Slice of Pie said...

Love the white china ... cute chickens ... pretty table.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I really need to find a Goodwill near me! That is a great deal you got on the runner! Isn't it amazing how well white dishes work with different linens? Have a good day. Linda

Susan McClaskey said...

I too, use white china everyday and love all the different looks you can get from it! Great table!
Susan

Entertaining Women said...

Great use of color...I love the maize and the orange/red together. Great get on the table runner. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Debbie said...

I agree with Rettabug. They are roostery enough IMO! My HS colors were red and white, and our mascot was the gamecock. This table reminded me of that. I have always loved red, white, and chicken!

Wait. That did't sound right at all, did it?

Marlis said...

Your table runner is wonderful. What a great backdrop for the chickens.. Darling.

Unknown said...

G'day Nana ~ Your chickens are wonderful ... what a pretty red touch with your white settings.
Have a lovely summer's day ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

niartist said...

This is just too precious! I would have never even thought of using that as a vase. PERFECT! And I'm secretly wondering how I can reach through the screen and grab those glass candlesticks! GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing, and inspiring! :)

Unknown said...

Everything looks very beautiful, love the centerpiece!!!

Hugs
Charo

Barbara said...

That egg basket is so sweet. You have managed to make chickens look elegant.

Beth said...

What an adorable centerpiece! Love the tablerunner and little chickens too. Your tables always look pretty, Nana! Hope all is well with you and your family and that the wedding plans are coming along well.
Hugs and blessings, Beth

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a cute bunch of barnyard birds gathered on your table this week!

Melissa Miller said...

Nan it's beautiful! I love it! :)

subgirl said...

Nana, Love that darling $2 tablerunner! What a bargain! Cute table.

Domestic Diva said...

Love the chicken tablescape - awesome....