Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Memorial Day Tablescape!

It is so very hard to change up Tablescapes sometimes! But I have found that with my new fav Ironstone- I don't have to change the plates if I don't want to- they go with everything! A couple of weeks ago, I did a Mother's Day table with my Mother's Day roses and of course the roses died, but the Tablescape didn't! Ha-ha! So I kept many items from my Mother's Day table and just changed a few little things here and there. Same plates, same candlesticks, but switched a few things for the candles- changed the silver and the napkin rings and the chargers! Presto, change-o- Memorial Day table for my hubby (he was in the Army!).


The candles remind me of fireworks! (I guess this table would work for the 4th of July too!)

How do you like my centerpiece? Hubby's army boot! And flowers from the Tree.


I did buy a few things for the red, white and blue effect at the Tree, but other than that, I just used what I had.
Plates- on going collection from thrift stores (mostly found by my sister, Tammy) everything else is from the thrift store too, really- either found by me or my eagle eye sister! My hubby got a kick out of me using his boot. (Am I getting desperate or what?) Anyway, I love the table and I hope you do too- be sure and join in the fun over at Between Naps on the Porch for more Tablescaping delights!

13 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Wonderful....have a safe and fun holiday weekend.

Tricia said...

So festive! I love the overall effect, and that was so clever, to use the Army boot!

Beth said...

It really looks beautiful! Love the army boot centerpiece! Red, white and blue are so gorgeous. Great red chargers. Nice table!!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a great idea to use your hubby's boot for a vase. Have a happy Memorial Day weekend and thank your husband for his service.

susan said...

Perfect for Memorial Day weekend! I love using unexpected containers for centerpieces and the boot with the china and crystal is perfect! Have a happy holiday!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Very pretty! Love the pics with candlelight! While using an Arm boot as a centerpiece is very unconventional, good for you for trying it! Works so well and has so much meaning for the occasion! I also love your ruffled chargers!

DD

Donna said...

Very pretty and sparkly. Love the candles.

D

Farah said...

Love your china and how in a romantic way you set it . colours are great and as wel the over all mood is great...

I'm following Craft"a"world and think you'll be interested in it as well. To check it out, follow the link below: http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Farah

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Dear Nana, you made a phantastic table for Memorial Day full of meaning. Did you fill water into the Army Boat? LOL It's so surprising to see the boat on the crystal stand but is very whimsical. The photos with the candlelight look awesome.
May be you wonder why I didn't have enlarged photos yet beside you told me so clearly how to do it. I got the photos pretty good enlarged but then I saw, they cover the sidebar. That's the new problem, I have to work on and then I will use the enlarged photos. Thank you so much for your tutorial.
Greetings, Johanna

Miss Merry said...

Your table is just wonderful. I first thought the candles looked romantic - then with the accessories - they do look like fireworks! The army boot is just so fun! And your table so patriotic, too.

Miss Merry said...

Your table is just wonderful. I first thought the candles looked romantic - then with the accessories - they do look like fireworks! The army boot is just so fun! And your table so patriotic, too.

Miss Merry said...

Your table is just wonderful. I first thought the candles looked romantic - then with the accessories - they do look like fireworks! The army boot is just so fun! And your table so patriotic, too.

Miss Merry said...

Your table is just wonderful. I first thought the candles looked romantic - then with the accessories - they do look like fireworks! The army boot is just so fun! And your table so patriotic, too.