Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mothers Day Roses Inspiration Tablescape and a Blue hour try!

My sweet hubby got me roses for Mothers Day, which is usually against my rule- (don't buy flowers on Mothers Day or Valentines Day) but I gladly accepted them anyway! (Usually he says, "but you're not MY Mother!")I figured I would get a couple more days out of my roses, so here is my table to go along with my roses! I used my trusty Ironstone (surprise, surprise!) and my gold silverware and I had a slew of red candles (I am borderline hoarding the candles, people!) throw in red napkins and voila! another favorite!



Be sure and visit Between Naps on the Porch for some more tablescaping (and blue hour) fun!

Here are a few pics of my blue hour try-

The first two were taken across the street from my house outside with no flash. The 3rd one is the parking lot at Publix. The pictures were a lot bluer than I thought they would be. I really thought this blue hour was fascinating. (I like learning something new every day!)






13 comments:

Cynthia@ITLLDO said...

What a stunning table. The red is such a lively punch with those beautiful dishes.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Such a pretty red and white table you've set -- beautiful inspiration roses -- what a guy!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I think this is the most romantic Mother's Day Table I've seen, and I think that's perfect! I like the red with your pretty white dishes, too. Great job!

Happy Tablescape Thursday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Bill said...

Everything is gorgeous and elegant! The wavy-edged red chargers complement your classic ironstone dishes perfectly. I love they way you've used them for a variety of tablescapes that demonstrate the versatility of your dishes. It's been a while since I've stopped by, and your collection is really growing. Kudos to your sister for keeping a watchful eye out when she's shopping/thrifting.

Thank you for the mention in your last week's post. You're very kind to think of me.

Warmest regards,
Bill

Marigene said...

Very pretty.

Miss Merry said...

Your gold, red and white are just glamourous together! Thank goodness for the roses, what an inspiration!

Debbiedoos said...

This is impressive, so elegant and classy looking....wish I could join you for a meal there!

Diann said...

Very pretty table! Everythng looks so lovely!

Tricia said...

All your red elements look so pretty with your white china -- and I love your glass-topped table! The red flowers in the coffee cups are a cute touch!

Needles Everywhere said...

What an incredibly beautiful table. I just adore how you set it. Everything is so perfect with those roses. I can see how you were inspired. Thanks for the wonderful post.

Beth said...

Did you notice the shooting star in your blue hour photo? Cool! And your table, WOW! The red and white and gold look stunning! This is one of my favorite tablescapes this week! loving it!

The Tablescaper said...

What a great table! Love all of the touches of gold. They really pop!

Thanks so much for your visit and kind comments.

I hope you'll join in my party on June 2nd, "Where do you keep it all?"

- The Tablescaper

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Nana,

thats's a pretty table. I love the vibrant red accents on it. The candlelight looks so charming. Very festive.

Your sister Tammy told me, that you would help me to get bigger photos on my blog (www.silber-rosen.blogspot.com). I wasn't able to sent you an email. Would you help me with that?

Greetings, Johanna