Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

As I write this, it is 12:37 am Christmas morning! Yay! I have been so looking forward to Christmas this year- I have been working hard to get everything ready. I did a lot of sewing and some crafting this year- some of my projects were a bust, but hey- at least I tried! My successes were stockings that I made for 4 children in the family, including my grandboys! I had the fabric for a couple of years- and then I saw this super cute trim that I had to use! So I did- I will try and get a picture tomorrow. I also made some fleece hoodies- I had made one for my grandson for his birthday last month and my daughter wanted me to make one for his cousin, so I also made one for the cousin's sister (also a cousin of course!) and my other grandson, so I made 4 of them altogether and I feel like an expert on that pattern! Oh, I also made some magazine Christmas trees ala Martha Stewart and they came out really cute! They are such a "green" gift and nearly free if you already have the magazines. The ones she showed were a little plain, I thought so, I added a mini bulb ornament and some ribbon to mine. I also made a gift box, light thingy that my sister made at a Ladies Craft night at her church. She made me one, so I made my 2 girls one too. I always like to make something for the holidays, so I was pretty happy with how everything turned out.

We spent Christmas Eve at my sister's and that worked out because both parents were there (they have been divorced for nearly 40 years) I gave the ladies some Bath and Body works soaps (can't go wrong there!) and my sister some odds and ends- candles, tarts some cool old silver spoons that I found at Salvation Army (I wish I could thrill more people with Salvation Army finds!) and I had given her a Mag tree earlier and she gave me some cool stuff too- a 5 min hairdo book, a tart burner in the shape of a teapot (I have a semi- collection of teapots, so the more the merrier!) some bells (the larger ones I put on candlesticks instead of a candle- that looks pretty cool) a gold candle, that I promptly put in a poinsettia bowl on my tablescape, some votives and I can't remember what all now. (Glad I mentioned the teapot, because I forgot to get all excited about it when I thanked her for my gifts (she had dropped them off).

Well, I need to get up for Mass in the morning and I am so tired and I have a few things yet to do for Christmas (today!)

Have a Blessed Christmas!

Dawn

No comments: