Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The dishes are baack!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the sweet comments last week welcoming me back after my little break! I just had to do a table this week after all that sweetness! I still have my centerpiece from several weeks ago that I changed up a bit- I figured the time to use the pumpkin stuff was coming to an end with Christmas just around the corner, right? My hubby didn't get down my Halloween or my Thanksgiving stuff this year- be lucky if he is feeling up to getting the Christmas stuff down- but anyway, here is my Thanksgiving table (which of course I won't use, since we are going to in-laws this year!) I decided to use green candles, napkins and glasses to pick up the green in the table runner. Then of course I got down my fave Ironstone (which I use everyday and love, love love it!)

Well, enjoy my table and thanks for visiting- I will try and visit some more tables this week.

Can you tell the sun was just streaming in from the front window to the left of the table?

 More sun!
 I love my cornucopia! The Dollar Tree flowers look pretty good in there! Whoops forgot to light that one candle! I am slipping!

 Turned the cornucopia around for a different view.
 Here in Florida there is no frost on the pumpkins, but mine are getting pretty ripe! (We did have a cold snap a few weeks ago though!)
 And I thought the green stuff was only good for Christmas and St. Patricks Day!

 There! Lit those candles- got a 3 set as a prize at the Baby Shower from last week!

Thanks for visiting and be sure and check out Between Naps on the Porch where our hostess, Susan lets us play in the dishes!

Love,

13 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful colors you use to create this lovely setting!

Hugs
Charo

Debbie said...

I think the bright festive oranges and greens look so pretty with the sun streaming down on them. It's a perfect "Florida Thanksgiving" look to me. Not that I'm an expert on Florida. I just have a notion that it's Florida-ish. Grin.

Very pretty table!

Domestic Diva said...

Love those flowers - they are awesome! Always such a beautiful tablescape - the runner and the cornicopia...beautiful!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Nana,
your table is so sunny. I love the golden colors of sun and autumn and the greens of the goblets and napkins. Very nice tablescape. Thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving.
Greetings, Johanna

Unknown said...

Love the colours and the setting, the cornucopia just adds that extra touch.

Barbara said...

Such a pretty autumn table. I think the green is a great touch. I really like your cornucopia. My mother always has one on her Thanksgiving table. I need to find one for myself.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Lovely flame colors, and a beautiful flower-filled cornucopia centerpiece. Very nice table.

Denise said...

Bright and beautiful. And the cornucopia is delightful. Nice work.

Alycia Nichols said...

The "green stuff" looks terrific on your autumn table!!! Really spices it up!

Tricia said...

I really love all the color you've brought to this festive fall table! Happy Thanksgiving!

Decor To Adore said...

What an absolutely perfect table setting you have created just in time for the holidays. I just love all of the different textures. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Entertaining Women said...

I would have never thought to use the multi colors of candles, but they really were very effective. I like the fall colors, but used in a gentle fashion. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Marlis said...

I love the different heights of the candles. The whole table looks very warm and inviting.. great job. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgivings.