Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Turn of the (last) Century or Depression Era? I don't know!





Well, it is the time of the week where we get down the good china, or the daily china, or in my case this week, the good, old, "new" china! My sister, Tammy, surprised me with several pieces of this china:


 Isn't it great?
 All it has to say is "Johnson Brothers" and I am hooked!
 It is hard to tell from the pics, but the plates have this wonderfully, crackly, stained patina to them that I just love. Looking at the pieces makes me wonder- where did they come from? Who ate off them and when? Did they belong to some wealthy family at the turn of the (last) century? Did some sweet Depression family serve their meager meals on them in celebration of better times to come? In the past year since I have been joining Tablescape Thursday, I have collected a lot of "new" plates that have a history? What is the history of your plates?
The center candle was a Christmas gift from a co-worker.
 Oh, and my sister also gave me the napkin rings- what can I say, she has it bad- lucky for me she doesn't do much pink or gold! I think she knew I would absolutely love these dishes! Thanks, Tammy!






As always, be sure and check out Between Naps on the Porch where Susan so graciously hosts our fun tablescape party every week!

No comments: