Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Lenten Tablescape

I will have to confess that I did this table last week, but couldn't take pictures until I ironed my napkins! Oh, what a difference that makes! I wanted to do a simpler table in light of it being the beginning of Lent. Purple says Lent to me- this "tablerunner" (AKA fabric) is a little lighter purple than I wanted (looks blue) but I had it- then just simple plates and candles.


My little angels stayed around after Valentines Day!
I just finally found a paper napkin holder that I liked, so I left it on the table. (I know, I know, I should use cloth napkins all the time!)

The ironed placemats are a symbol of how this time of Lent can help us! I feel like a wrinkled napkin a lot!

WOW! I hope I can have that kind of fire in my spirit! (Gotta watch those metallic candles!)


Just a simple table, but I love it- one of my favorites- I think this is my 18th tablescape! Yeah! God bless you all during this Lent. (I have given up complaining for my Lenten "sacrifice" and I hope to do better at my Bible reading! Praise Be to God!) Be sure and check out www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com for some gorgeous tablescapes!

6 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

Beautiful table - just love it....

Anonymous said...

I think its beautiful. I hope the candles didn't go too crazy. Rosie

Beth said...

Pretty! I especially like the silver candles and your linen napkins with the blue table runner. Looks elegant!
Blessings - Beth

vignette design said...

Love the blue runner with the silver candles. Lovely table!

Judy said...

Beautiful, sweet table. Just enough bling. Blue & silver always looks lovely.

{{{sweetiepie hugs}}}

Americana Lady said...

Everything looks pretty on a glass table! Joan