Thursday, April 26, 2012

How to make a diaper cake...

Thet last few baby showers I have attended, I have made diaper cakes as my gift. A month or so ago, I made one and took some pics during construction. The 3rd picture down should have been the first picture, but I couldn't get blogger to cut and paste- so anyway you roll the diaper up beginning with the top of the diaper- I used those little clear hair rubberbands. Then take the biggest rubberband you can find and start inserting the diapers.Once you have the desired sized layers done stack them on top of each other- now you are going to laugh, but I use a few chopsticks inserted down through the layers (they won't show) to keep the cake together. (I used chopsticks, because that is what I had on hand- got a bunch from work that they used for a promotion). I put the cake on a platter you can find at thrift stores or the Dollar Tree. Then take ribbon to cover up the ugly rubber bands and you can then tie it really tight and cut off the rubberbands. Insert little baby gifts- I usually use a rubber ducky or baby bottle in the top. My friend had a monkey theme, so I used the invitation on this one. They turn out so cute!
 
 
 
 
 
 


Just Call Me   N a n a!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: