Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thinking Thursdays

The Bible says to think on things that are lovely, pure. It is nice when you think about the good and simple pleasures in life. Our mind is a powerful force. If we don't concentrate on the good thoughts and surround ourselves with positive influences and peace we can get downright caught up in the ugliness of the world. Call me a Pollyanna (I don't care!) but I think looking for the good in people and situations is always better! Who among us likes to be around people that complain or are just plain miserable? I certainly don't and I try hard to like everyone (really I do). So, I challenge you to just drop the stinkin' thinkin' and get happy! Oh, another thing- make those around you, feel important! For example- I had a Choir leader years ago, that always made everyone feel special, always up, always happy- loved being around him!!

(I don't know why this all popped in my head- but, hey maybe someone read it!)

No comments: