Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Updates

Well, it has been almost a month since I have posted! Gosh, time goes by.

Lent- watching what I am eating pretty well, no meat Fridays ok, started walking and saying the rosary on a few of my walks. The Rosary is pretty cool, I must say. Holding those beads makes you really concentrate on your praying. Repeating the Hail, Mary is awesome too- you really get it and it gives a lot of comfort. When I first became Catholic, I had to have a minor surgery and it was such a comfort having those beads in my hand. They just make you aware of the connection you have with the Lord, with our Mother Mary and with other Catholics.

Family stuff- My sister is having a girl. First girl in 25 years- it is awesome. Don't get me started on the name thing though. Ok, she went back to her original plan, apparently. That's ok, it is a free world and the name is mine, and about 85 million others'. It is just...puhleeze! Why is it always a controversy? On to the next subject...

Savings-No real good deals with bragging rights. I haven't really done any shopping lately to speak of. Trying to use up what I have. If I tried hard, I could probably eat for 2 months off what I have in the freezer and cabinets (still need fresh vegs, milk,etc) I still have turkey left!
I did have a $5 off coupon at Publix- get excited about those! Went to Salvation Army for some work clothes (I refuse to buy new for work if I don't have to) and they have 1/2 price clothes on Wednesdays- got a few good deals there.

Thoughts-I went to a Memorial for a young woman (35) yesterday. She was the Daughter in Law of one of my long time friends. From what I gather, she was lying on the couch, husband thought she was asleep- he went to work...she never woke up. They won't know what happened for a couple of weeks. Our lives are short. I guess there isn't time to worry about money, who has what, (what names we give our kids) or anything that isn't going to really matter in 100 years. What matters- our Faith, our love, how we show our Faith in that love. Faith, Family and Love are the only things that are going to be left when we are gone.

Oh, my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen


That's all in my world right now!!

No comments: