Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pretty Little Tablescape!



 * I would love it so much if you would leave a comment for me- trying to see if I could possibly get 50 comments this week! My highest is 15 I think! I have Blog envy of all the comments that I read on other blogs! Just for fun! 

I took the St. Patty's Day table down last week and before I do an Easter one (if hubby gets my Easter stuff down from the attc!) I decided to do a simple but I think, pretty Tablescape this week. I guess most of my Tablescapes are pretty simple! Anyway, hope you enjoy- and look around a little I have been working on my blog some and I am pretty happy with it!

My table


Dishes are part of my growing collection of Ironstone- I love the Snowwhite, the Classic white, Regency- they all match in just a slightly different shade of white- very different and fun to look for- my sister has had a lot of luck finding pieces for me!Anything swirly- Johnson Brothers, little green crown, Ironstone- they all say a little something different on the back of the plates. My latest find was at SA- 6 cups and 6 dinner plates for $10- they weren't marked, but I KNEW they were Ironstone- love 'em!



The centerpiece is a glass basket of my grandmother's. My sister (Tammy) snagged it up first, but after a year or so of nagging, um sweet pleading- she finally graciously gave it to me for my 50th birthday last year! I just found the silk flowers at SA last week- they were in an ugly little basket, but I knew they would look great in the glass basket!








Just simple candles- both glass and silver candlesticks are from Yankee Candle (one of my true loves!) The silver is in such need of polishing, but ever since I found it off ebay, I have been in too much of a hurry to use them than to polish them. It is 1921 Grosvenor. I think I paid $18 for the set including box!

Be sure and check out BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH for some great inspiring, decorative tables- it has been home therapy for me!

Love to all-


17 comments:

Kristy Carberry said...

Hi Nana! I hope that you get your 50 visits! How pretty and fun! I've just participated in my first Tablescape Thursday!

Ann said...

Hi Nana! Very pretty! I collect this ironstone, too. It's so easy to use. Good luck - hope you get your 50.

Vicci @theplaidbasket said...

Simply beautiful!!! I LOVE your salt and pepper shakers, too!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Lovely floral centerpiece - so colourful! I really like that pink teapot too! Great 'scape!

DD

Rettabug said...

Lovely vintage glass basket! My Mom had one on top of her refrigerator for as long as I can remember. My oldest brother has it now, in TX. I don't think he's going to give it back to me, though. :(

Mary said...

Hope you get your 50 visits!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Your runner is very pretty--did you stitch it? My sister is having her 50th this June so I'll have to see what goodies I have for her. Aren't sisters great?
Linda

Red Couch Recipes said...

Hi, love your tablescape and I love your little pink teapot. Joni

emptynester3 said...

Linda- I forgot to mention my tablerunner in my post- thanks for noticing- No, I didn't stitch it, but someone did- I bought it for a couple of dollars at a thrift store- couldn't pass up all that hard work!

Sonny G said...

your table is so pretty.. I have a thing for teapots so of course your pretty pink pot is my favorite..
someone did superb stitching on your table runner. congrats on getting that treasure for such a bargain price...
Sonny

Tricia said...

Your table just sparkles, with all the beautiful glass, crystal, and silver touches! And that runner is exquisite -- perfect for your table. Thank you for your encouraging comment last week -- I really appreciated hearing from you!

Teresa's New Life said...

Well Nana, your tble is lovely. Is the runner your using a family piece? It's very pretty. As is the stemware.

Bill said...

That white swirly ironstone is hard to beat, isn't it? Goes with everything ... dress it up or down .. the "little black dress" of dishes! ;)

What a deal you got on the silver! Congrats! Happy Tablescape Thursday!

Judy said...

I love you tablescape, everything's just perfect and I'll agree with the others on the silverplate. What a deal, I never seem to get those. I love the "Regency" dinnerware too. I hop you reach your goal of 'fifty'.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I hope you'll get your 50! particularly with this pretty table -- Love white dishes and you've put this spring table together beautifully -- Easter is almost here! Hard to believe!

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Very sweet table. Love the candle holders and the little tea pot. I am a fan of white dishes and have just started collecting them, too.

Domestic Diva said...

Very nice - love the table - the flowers - the candlesticks - beautiful - the pink tea pot is a nice touch! Very sweet of your sister to graciously give you the basket! You know I had every intention of giving it to you....
Love ya! - Sis!