Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baked...a lot!

Today we had our 3rd baking day. Apparently, Nana makes some really good cookies (people fight over them!)and rolls and bread! (I am not really bragging here- I am NOT a baker, but it is a lot of fun when people like your food. (I like to quote Marie, the Mom on Everybody Loves Raymond- "All I have is my food!")
About 7 or 8 years ago, I got into grinding wheat berries into flour and I made a LOT of bread and decided to give the Nestle Tollhouse Cookie recipe a little wheat tweek. Well, it was a hit. My kids and nephews went nuts over them- hoarding them in their bedrooms and having knock down drag out fights over them ;~) . Now, my son in law and Little Mama have little feuds over them too. Last year I added my oatmeal raisin version and I will have to say it is about the yummiest cookie I have ever had, let alone, actually made.
Anyway, Nana just can't bring herself to buy cookies, so Little Mama and I have started having baking days! Today, we added rolls and bread to the mix. A lot of work, but I think totally worth it. (Little Mama says, "It is a lot of work for just a WEEK'S worth of cookies." haha- we split the loot and it is really a good month's + of cookies if you ration them well).
I also got the camera out (duh) and here are the highlights of our baking day!

We did 7 batches of cookies-  3 Nestle Wheat and 4 Oatmeal raisin- we lined up the bowls and measured out each ingredient

I brought the ingredients in buckets, tupperware, old jars- whatever I could find!


(No sprite is not an ingredient in our cookies)

These babies were humming almost all day!

Ohhh, the Oatmeal raisin- so yummylicious!

The chocolate chips and the Real Salt!

These are pre-rolls- very nice dough- got the recipe with my bread machine and it is the BEST roll recipe I have ever made!

The rolls are a-risin'!
The cookies!!
Little Mama putting the dough into balls on the cookie sheets, with her little helper, JR, who just woke up from a nap!

The bread all ready for the oven! I forgot my recipe book, so I got the recipe off the internet- it is delicious!!! Now I gotta find it again!
Here is our haul! We did have a few casualties (Nana left a couple trays in for a bit too long- the timer doesn't do a re-buzz)
About 5 dozen cookies each, 15 rolls each, and 4 mini loaves each. Not bad for a day's work!



1 comment:

Domestic Diva said...

WOW, WOW, WOW - Cookies, Rolls and Bread - Oh My! Great haul for a day's work!!! Looks Yummy!